Friday 1 January 2016

NY Resolution


One of my BFF's has been pushing me to start writing. I've always said that it's not my cup of tea. I don't mind telling stories, sharing impressions and photos, but writing... it's always been pain in the as*s. 
Even at school I always preferred oral to written exams. 


But she kept repeating that I'm good with words.

On the other hand what you write stays. It may reach audiences you haven't intended it for... and I hate sharing. LOL. Yep, my introverted Scorpio soul doesn't want to show up and show off. She prefers to be the grey general behind the chair. But my Leo rising sign tries to push trough and to lead, to show off. 


So here I am.

I've always been the soul speaker for my friends, but most of the time they didn't know what was happening in my own soul. I was the listener, the adviser, the supporter, the friend in need. I remember my other BFF calling me round 10 pm one eve, being totally pissed off and her line a while later - "I knew I had to call you, that you'd understand. I feel much better now. Thank you."



Well, this is about to change. I've had this blog page for years, but as you see there aren't many posts here. From now on, there will be. 

I take it as a personal challenge for this year. To write more. To share more. To enjoy doing it. To find more inspiration in writing and to embrace it. 

So, hello world. I'm coming. 

Some posts may be long. Others short. Or just an inspirational thought I've seen somewhere. I'll try to add something every day... and catch up with the impressions from the last couple of months. So don't be surprised if you spot backdated posts.



I'll also keep my other blog. The poetry one. Yep, D, you didn't know about it, did you? My poetic muse ran away somewhere, but I do hope it will come back to me this year. 

This is my NY resolution - to live more consciously, to enjoy life more and to write about the things that have attracted my attention.

Thank you D for being a BFF and for pushing me out of my comfort zone. I miss you.










No comments:

Post a Comment